Cooking For Two...






Tonight, as I cooked dinner for Bubby and I, I realized how hard a concept this has been for me to get used to. After years of cooking for 5, most nights, it's just Bubby and I. You would think it would be easy to get used to cutting recipes down and lighten my workload, but for some reason, it has been an obstacle for me. One that usually ends up with us going out to dinner. But, I have resolved that this isn't going to happen as often anymore! (Notice I did not say ever. Gotta keep my options open.) Like tonight, I cooked one of my fall back reliable recipes that I adapted from a recipe for Beni Hana chicken that I had found years ago in a restaurant copycat recipe book my dad gave me. I easily cut back on the amount of rice and meat that was used and it came out perfect. I think I might get the hang of this cooking for two idea yet. Here's my recipe if you were wondering. Easily adaptable to feed a crowd, here's the amounts for 2 people. I also substituted beef cubes for the chicken this time. But it works well with both.

1/2 lb cubed meat such as stew meat or chicken. Make sure they are bite size chunks
4 Tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
3 Tablespoons Butter
Lemon juice
Rice (I used 1 pack of Success Rice for the two of us. Comes out perfect every time)

Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat. Once butter starts to bubble, add meat. Sprinkle all over with teriyaki sauce and stir. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the meat is cooked through and the sauce starts to cook down, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook your rice. I like to mix it with some more butter after it's ready for extra flavor. Hunny likes this dish with the chili sauce from Panda Express. Serve the rice topped with the meat and sauce.

This is also a great weeknight meal because it's literally done in about 20 minutes. Add a veggie and you're ready to go!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!