Diet Struggles

If only it was as easy as this advertisement! I have to share with you all what I've been doing. I went for my yearly checkup last month and was told by my doctor that I am in need of a few pounds shed. Let's just say more than a few. I'm only 5'1" tall so I'm technically not supposed to weigh over 125. Which is ridiculous. I haven't weighed under 125 since before Doodle was born. But, I'll just say that the number she gave me was high even to my standards. So, on the diet train I go. I cut down on sugar, cut back on carbs, even started drinking Slimfast for lunch. I haven't seen much difference yet, but let me just say, dieting is hard! I like my cookies and bread and cake and sweets. I miss them! I am struggling with the concept of depriving myself, which I don't normally believe in. Is anyone out there in the same boat? Has the middle age pudge caught up with you too? (That's what I've been calling it) I have cheated and eaten a cookie or two here and there, I must admit. And I tell ya, eating a carrot or a piece of fruit just isn't the same gratification as eating a piece of cake. No where close. I will keep you updated on this diet of mine, if I can stick to it. But, let me just say, it sucks. Big time. But, at least Slimfast shakes come in chocolate. That does bring some comfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!