Save The Ta-Tas!!!

OK, ladies. This is your friendly reminder that you need to take care of those boobies! October is breast cancer awareness month. If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I lost my mother to breast cancer 22 years ago. Because of this, I had to start  mammograms when I was 30. Mammograms suck. Not gonna lie to ya. They hurt, they're inconvenient, and usually the mammogram technicians are going to scare you for no reason thinking a shadow is something it's not. (This has happened to me twice now.) BUT, considering that the new guidelines now say that you can start doing mammograms at age 50 now with normal medical history, your best weapon is self exam. The best time to do a self exam is a few days after your period. Just get familiar with those bad boys so if something does change, you will know. This is the best way to keep yourself safe. Also check for dimpling of the skin, redness, or any discharge from the nipples. If you notice something different, tell your doctor as soon as possible. Also make sure to check your armpits. This is often overlooked. Us ladies have to take care of ourselves so we can keep our families going, right?
To recap- mammograms after age 50 or sooner with family history, self exams every month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!