The Taco Dip That Was The Hit of The Party!


I found this recipe on The Thome Home and decided to make it for the graduation party. It was spectacular! I was surprised at how easy it was to make and how much it made! One of our dearest friends actually told me, "Hey, I think there's something wrong with the taco dip. Let me put it in my car to protect everyone else from it!" It's so easy! It calls for lime juice, but when I made it, I forgot the lime juice. It didn't affect the taste. I promise! Make sure you have lots of tortilla chips, but Hunny said that he could eat a whole plate of it by itself! Here's the recipe--
Ingredients
  • 4 cans of refried beans (always look for the one with lower sodium)
  • 2 blocks softened cream cheese
  • 2 cartons of sour cream
  • 1 package of low sodium taco seasoning
  • 1 head iceburg lettuce
  • 1 can of black olives, sliced
  • 1½ pints of grape tomatoes sliced or quartered
  • 2 bags shredded mexican blend cheese
  • ½ cup chopped green onion
  • 2 limes


  1. In a food processor, blend together the sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning.
  2. Slice your tomatoes and olives, set aside
  3. Chop the lettuce
  4. On the bottom of your platter, smooth out a layer of refried beans
  5. Next, add the layer of sour cream mixture
  6. Follow with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, olives
  7. Garnish with sliced lime and chopped green onion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!