On My Journey-Recovery

I know I have been quiet, but this surgery has kicked my butt. The doctor lied. He's a liar. He lies about things. Before the surgery, he came in to talk to me and told me, "Oh, you will have little to no pain, and I expect you to be back to normal in a day or two." Liar. The first night was the worst. I had contraction like pains from the dilation and the D&C I'm guessing. They gave me a percocet in the hospital and on the way home Hunny had to stop to buy me ibuprofen because the percocet wasn't helping. The second day wasn't too bad. I had some pain, but nothing like the night before. But, I kept getting wore out. The third day, I felt great when I got up. But, I was stupid and decided to go with my normal schedule of laundry and groceries. Halfway through the grocery store, my energy went bye bye. I made it home and had to take a 2 hour nap after taking one of the big pain pills. Yesterday, I was alright, but for some reason had a lot of pain on my left side and nauseousness. Today seems to be going better. But, the nurse who took care of me in the hospital room called on Thursday to check on me and she told me that it would take about a week before I was back to normal. That's totally different from what the dr said. But, I have always said that I trust nurses more than doctors. I think they know more. The doctors may have more schooling but the nurses are down in the trenches with the patients and have more hands on experience. So, for any of you who have been thinking of doing this surgery, I think it's still a great option, but keep in mind that you will be down for about a week. Other than the pain, I have had almost no bleeding at all. A little discharge but that's it. Now, I'm just waiting to see if this did help and my periods will go away! Fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!