On My Journey-Pre-Op Day


Today was my pre-op appointments for my endometrial ablation. Now, I have never gone through this procedure before. When I had my tubes tied after I had Bubby, it was while I was in the hospital after I had him. There was no pre-op or anything like that. I signed a paper weeks before saying I knew what I was doing and consented and that was that. This is all new territory for me. So, I had to go meet with my doctor first. The nurse took my weight and blood pressure first. (Lost 10 pounds! Yay! Stress does have some good side effects!) Then he walked me through the procedure. The procedure is a little more involved than I thought. I thought it was just the ablation. But, first, they dilate the cervix and look inside with a camera to make sure that they didn't miss anything on the ultrasound that they did a few weeks ago. When they are sure that they didn't, then they do a D&C. This is where they scrape the endometrial lining to thin it out. Then they do the ablation with the device called NovaSure. This will basically cauterize the inside of my uterus. Which, in theory and from what I've researched, make my periods go from hell on earth to nothing. After he talked me through the procedure, I had to sign my consent form and then head over to the pre-surgery center. There I had to give blood, for reasons unknown to me, and then meet with the anesthesia nurse. She was telling me all the rules. No makeup, no jewelry, no perfume, no food after midnight. They are being nice to me since my surgery isn't until 2:30 in the afternoon and I can have clear liquids, (COFFEE) until 10:30 am. I can also take my usual meds, which I was worried about. I get a little wonky if I don't get to take them. It's not pretty. Then I had to sign a bunch of forms for the insurance company and more consent forms. Then she sent me on my merry way. Now we just wait for the 21st. I'm getting a little nervous, I'll admit. I think it's more the idea that for at least 2 days I will be down. I don't like that. I'll have good drugs, but I still won't like it. I'm not a control freak, but I don't like not being able to take care of myself and everyone else. Doodle is so excited because she says it's about time she gets to do stuff for me. LOL So, here we go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!