My Summer Wreath!

I just finished this and hung it up outside, in time for Memorial Day. This one will carry through July 4 though. The materials cost me a whopping 3$. It's a very simple process. I get a spool of ribbon and 1-2 bunches of flowers from my trusty Dollar Tree. The grapevine wreath I found at Goodwill for about 2$. When I got it, there were awful wooden decorations on it, I just took those off. I start by wrapping the ribbon around the entire wreath. Most thicker ribbons I can just tuck into the wreath and they are secure, but this one was a sheer ribbon and I had to use Christmas decoration hooks. I just poked one end of the ribbon with the hook, straightened the hook out, and then wound the hook around a piece of the wreath. I did that at both ends so that the ribbon is secure. Then Hubby lent me his wire cutters so that I can snip the flowers off the bunches. You don't want the ends too long or they will hang out the back. Then when you hang it up and it rests against the wall, it will push the flowers out. These are pretty secure without any glue or anything if you have a tightly woven wreath. And that's it! Really pretty simple. I change it out with the seasons or holidays. I keep all the materials from the previous seasons to either reuse the next year or with other seasons. And it's pretty!
Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!