Update to My Journey...


I had my ultrasound today, which went well. They found nothing but nabothian cysts on my cervix, which come to find out, is normal. Those go away on their own. So, now they are going to schedule me for the endometrial ablation. For those of you who didn't read the first post, I suffer from increasingly horrible periods. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago because the pain from the last one had left me in tears. They have been getting worse every month over the past year. Which, he said in about a quarter of women after the age of 35, this happens. It's usually because of a hormone shift. So, he went through what will happen when I come in for the ablation. I get put to sleep, (Yay!), then they will dilate my cervix and do a D&C. He did say that some insurance companies make them do a biopsy at the same time to make sure there isn't any cancer, so they may do that too. Then they will use a little instrument called a NovaSure to, in a sense, cauterize my uterus. This will make it where I have either really light periods or none at all. He said the whole thing takes about an hour and I should only be down 1-3 days. He said most women are back to normal within a day but he has had women have cramping up to 3 days. So, I should hear by the end of the week when all this will happen. I'm just so happy and thankful that nothing was found on the ultrasound. I was so nervous that they were going to find a fibroid or something. I will keep you updated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!