On My Journey...


I wanted to share with you about what I am facing health wise right now. I have found that what I am dealing with actually happens to a lot of women, especially as they enter their 40's and are past their having babies times. I had a doctor's appointment this week with a gynecologist. I haven't been to one since Bubby was a baby so about 10 years. I get my regular paps with my general doctor. When I had gone in in December for my check up, I was telling my dr about how bad my periods have gotten. I had my tubes tied when Bubby was born and they had been heavier since then, but for about the last year, they have been getting absolutely horrible and with tremendous pain. This past month was the worst it's ever been. The day I started, the pain overtook me and I ended up in bed, crying. Pamprin and ibuprofen didn't even touch it. And when you are going through about 6-7 overnight pads a day, I think there's something wrong. Well, the gynecologist told me that this does happen as you get older due to hormones. I guess the estrogen starts dropping. He said it could also be due to fibroids or cysts, which they are going to rule that out. My physical exam showed him nothing. So, in two weeks, I go back for an ultrasound, which will make sure there is nothing. Then, I believe I'm going to choose to do something called Endometrial Ablation. It's a procedure that they do in the office that basically cauterizes your uterus. It takes away the lining of the uterus completely. About 40% of women, from what I read have no periods after and the others have very light. And no more pain! He said the other choice I have is using an IUD, like Mirena, but I don't like the idea of that because first, it uses hormones, and second, because I don't like the idea of a foreign object in my body. I'm nervous, but I've got to do something. I'm still having pain, even though my period ended. It's driving me insane!! Does anyone else have this? Have any of you had this procedure done? I would love to hear personal accounts! I will keep you updated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!