Pumpkin Spice Cake!




This was Doodle's birthday cake. She is a pumpkin nut! Anything pumpkin this girl goes crazy for! I had never made a pumpkin spice cake, but found this one on Joy Of Baking. Very simple. I didn't have cloves, but it still came out tasting like a pumpkin pie! Even I liked it and I am not as in love with pumpkin as her! Here's the recipe--

1/2 cup soft butter
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (They call for cake flour but I used all purpose and it came out fine)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8  teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup buttermilk (I just put a little vinegar in 1/2 cup milk and it does the same)

Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Mix well. Stir together the dry ingredients and add alternatively with the buttermilk, mixing after each addition. Pour into 2 greased and floured cake pans and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool and frost. I used just canned cream cheese frosting and it was delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!