Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Now, I have never made this. And I have never baked in a cast iron skillet. So, this was all new to me!I was watching a cooking show the other day, something like Cooking a little Southern or something like that and she was making comfort foods like grilled cheese and tomato soup for her grandpa and she made this for dessert. I decided that it was worth a try since everyone around here likes pineapple! I followed the recipe from The Pioneer Woman and the only thing I did wrong was I didn't measure my pan to make sure it was big enough. My cake bubbled over! So, make sure yours is a 12 inch pan or do what I did and put a cookie sheet under because you will have spillage! Here's the recipe from Pioneer Woman-
2 1/2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
2 c sugar
1 stick of butter soft
1/4 c shortening
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 20 oz can of pineapple slices
2 T pineapple juice
1 1/3 c brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, 1/2 of the butter, shortening, milk, eggs, vanilla and pineapple juice in a large bowl until well mixed. Set aside. Melt remaining butter in 12 in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle brown sugar all over the bottom. Make sure everywhere has sugar. As soon as sugar dissolves, remove from heat and place pineapple slices all over the bottom. Dot with cherries if you wish. Pour batter over top of the pineapple and bake 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out the center clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!