I Finished A Blanket!
This actually started out to be just a pillow cover. The yarn in the center was in my fun pack from Red Heart and is a wonderfully soft yarn. But, then I got looking at it and found a bunch of old yarn I had lying around and decided to use it all up! And this is what came from it! This is just a basic Granny square. I'm sure you've seen them, just in smaller sizes. I just kept going with more rows. You can make it as big or as little as you like. Here's how I started-
Chain 6, sl st to join.
Chain 3 (Counts as 1st dc here and throughout)2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, repeat around. sl st to join in top of ch 3 4 dc
Sl st into next 2 st to first ch 2 sp. Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2,( 3 dc, ch2 ) Repeat around. 8 clusters
The corners are 3 dc ch 2 3 dc in the same ch 2 spaces. The middle is just 3 dc clusters.
And you just keep repeating the same pattern, getting bigger and bigger each round. It's an extremely simple pattern. I've been making granny squares in one way or another for years but have never tried to write it down, so please forgive the pattern. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm now working on another blanket but have run out of yarn. I must go to the store today!
Chain 6, sl st to join.
Chain 3 (Counts as 1st dc here and throughout)2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, repeat around. sl st to join in top of ch 3 4 dc
Sl st into next 2 st to first ch 2 sp. Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2,( 3 dc, ch2 ) Repeat around. 8 clusters
The corners are 3 dc ch 2 3 dc in the same ch 2 spaces. The middle is just 3 dc clusters.
And you just keep repeating the same pattern, getting bigger and bigger each round. It's an extremely simple pattern. I've been making granny squares in one way or another for years but have never tried to write it down, so please forgive the pattern. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm now working on another blanket but have run out of yarn. I must go to the store today!

Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!