My Harvest!

Well, even though I planted basil, cilantro, thyme and oregano, the only one that did well was the basil. And did it do well!I just harvested all the leaves that were on the plants because we have a frost warning coming on Sunday. I got so many that they filled 2 layers of the dehydrator! And it smelled so good! So, now I am dehydrating them so they will last me all winter. With my handy dandy dehydrator, it takes less than half an hour to dehydrate, but you have to check them every 10 minutes or they could scorch. Oh, and did I mention that in addition to my little pink plant I now have a little cactus named Stanley? I found him yesterday at Kroger and it's just adorable! It even came in a little planter that you put on the side of the fridge with magnets!
Isn't it cute? And they are really hard to kill so he should do wonderfully in this house!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!