Here's the Cake!
I just finished it. I know it's by no means professional but it's pink and that's what she wanted! My stepmom is actually so good at doing cakes, that hers do look professional! She has done wedding cakes, she actually did my sister in law's for her wedding, and I used some tips that she gave me over the years. To make the top smooth after you frost it, take a butter knife or a flat spreading spatula and dip it in warm water. You don't want it dripping wet, but damp. Run it over the top in a fluid motion. Scrape any frosting off and do it again until the entire top is smooth. The bottom is slightly lighter than the top, but you can't really see that in the pic. The bottom trim I used a medium starburst tip and just made squiggles around the cake. The top I used the same tip but made starbursts around. The writing isn't as pretty as usual because my hands aren't co-operating today. But, now it's covered in pink candles and I told her that she can't get any older since there are too many on there already!

Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!