For the Icky Things...

As you all know by now, we have a Chinese Water Dragon named Rango. Or as I call him, Icky Thing. I am a reluctant lizard mother. I do not like it. But, as I have found, lizards are the most high maintenance pet we have. Which means they are the most expensive also. If you have ever had a lizard, you know that they eat bugs. Lots of bugs. Well, Icky Thing right now will only eat crickets. I can't even get him to eat his mealworms anymore. So, each week I have to go get at least 2 dozen crickets. Which I have to house. Well, this is the kicker. In the pet stores, they have "cricket keepers" which are little plastic boxes with air holes and a lid to keep them in. Kinda like the ones the kids used to have when they were little to collect bugs. These suckers start at 8$ and go up! Me, being the cheap-o I am, after our "cricket keeper" broke, started looking around to find something less expensive. This is what I found. Guess what department? The fishing tackle! It's a cricket bucket for when you use crickets for bait! It works perfectly and it was only 3.96 at Wal-Mart! I had never thought to look there! So, if you have an Icky Thing and need bug houses, check your fishing tackle department before the pet department! Just an FYI!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!