Graduation Party Tips!

As you know, last year my oldest graduated high school. I have never planned a large party like a graduation party, so this was my first go around. I just thought I would share my tips to save your sanity and a little money! First, you have to have a venue that is large enough for everyone. This can be the most expensive part of the whole party. What we did was decide on one of the parks that is near our house and rent one of the pavilions. We reserved it a month in advance and it was only 25$! And with it being outside, there was more than enough room for everyone! We had about 100 people all together. Second, decorations. I hit the dollar store hard. They had banners, tablecloths, pictures to hang up, you name it. Even balloons. I think total I spent about 10-15$. Our highest expense was food, but we just did hot dogs, pasta salad, chips and of course cake. I'm lucky because I have a stepmom who does professional cakes so that wasn't an expense. But, I know Wal Mart and Food Lion both do sheet cakes and it's less than 30$, in case you don't have a nice stepmom who knows how to do it professionally.

I was just asked the other day about how I did the announcements and invitations. We didn't order the announcements through the school. I went with Shutterfly. They had a whole bunch of different ones to choose from and come with envelopes just like the ones from the school. I spent less than 75$ for 200 I think. It might have been 150. My memory is failing me right now. And for the invitations, I went to Walmart and in the craft section they have different papers that you can choose from. I found one that was blue with clouds all over them. They were less than 2$ a pack. I then went on the computer and wrote up what I wanted them to say and printed them off. They fit in the envelope with the announcements perfectly. So, for less than a 100$, I had the announcements and invitations.

So, see you don't have to spend a fortune to have a memorable party. We had family come in from New York, Oregon, North Carolina, all over. I hope this helps you all save some money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!