Spring is here...

And with it comes the fleas. I have posted this before, but I think it stands repeating. The best flea shampoo you can get is blue Dawn dish liquid. My poor doggy is allergic to fleas, I believe. We almost lost him about 3 years ago because he got a hot spot from all the itching he was doing and it got infected. After that, I did some research into it to find the best way to keep him unitchy. Last year, the way I did it was I gave him a bath in the blue Dawn and as soon as he was dry, followed with Hartz flea drops. I did that once a month during the summer months and we didn't have any problems! The blue Dawn is gentle on the skin and is safe for animals. The fleas literally JUMP off the animal. I even used it on our cat when we first got her and she was only about 4 weeks old. She was covered in fleas from being born outdoors. She hated the bath, but the shampoo didn't hurt her. So, this year, get yourself a big bottle of blue Dawn and you shouldn't have any problems with fleas!

Comments

  1. I agree! Dawn works great on my dog. I wish I could wash our cat with it, but lets just say, I don't want my arms and back scarred for life lol. I read online that pouring salt on the carpet and waiting a couple days, kills the flea eggs. :) Worked for me!

    I also nominated you for a Liebster award! http://www.threeboycircus.com/2014/04/oooh-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of the salt! I may have to try that! Thanks so much for the nomination!!! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!