How to be a Good College Mom
As my regular readers know, I am a new college mom this year and have been learning as I go. The one on the right is my daughter and the one on the left is her roommate and my "adopted" daughter. This was at Halloween if you were wondering. Well, as I said, I have been learning as I go with this journey. I didn't go to college, I got married right out of high school, so I had no idea what she needed in the dorm, what to send, etc. I posted about how I didn't even think of cleaning supplies for her when she moved out here. The other important thing that a good college mom has to do, which was brought to my attention last weekend, is to give groceries. I thought that between the 3 of them that are in their dorm room, that they would have enough groceries. I was wrong. Izzie informed me last weekend that she was starving because the food on campus is "crap" and she hasn't been working as many hours so she had no money for groceries. She was literally stuffing her face from the time she walked in until the time she left for work and then called and begged for me to bring her some dinner at work. It was sort of pitiful. So I made 2 college kids quite happy because I bought Izzie some food this week and told her she could share if she wanted. But, the point of this post, which has gotten long winded, is that there are some foods I have discovered are better since they don't need freezing, refrigeration, etc.
- Mac and cheese cups-the kind you can microwave
- Ramen-they live on this
- Peanut butter and jelly- who wouldn't have this?
- Breakfast bars-better than cereal so she doesn't need milk which can go bad quick.
- Microwave popcorn- they seriously go through a big box a week.
- The little tuna salad kits that come with crackers. No mayo needed!
- Juice boxes
- Bottled water
Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!