Snow, snow, snow
I'm sure you've heard by now that us folks in the South are gearing up for what they are saying will be a "historical" snow storm. Here in Virginia where I am, they are calling for anywhere from 6-12 up to 18 inches of snow! Now anyone who has lived in the South at all knows that the cities shut down for 1/2 an inch. You can imagine that panic that this is causing! The stores have been mobbed since yesterday. I figured I would take a minute and go over what I do to prepare for such an event.
1. I make sure that we have candles, batteries, and lanterns in case of a power failure. These are essential.
2. The night before, if I have notice, I fill the bathtub up with water so that we can use that for flushing the toilet, if the power is gone. We live on well water which is an actual well system but after about 24 hours, we lose water.
3. I have water in bottles for washing faces, brushing teeth and such. I have stockpiled it for months since we lost power for a week 2 years ago.
4. I also make sure that we have enough drinking water and food for at least 3 days.
5. Don't forget the animals! I make sure that we have dog food, cat food, cat litter and crickets for the icky thing. You also have to make sure that you have water for them too!
As long as you make sure to stay warm and fed, you can hunker down for a long time! For everyone in the path of the storm, be safe and stay warm!
1. I make sure that we have candles, batteries, and lanterns in case of a power failure. These are essential.
2. The night before, if I have notice, I fill the bathtub up with water so that we can use that for flushing the toilet, if the power is gone. We live on well water which is an actual well system but after about 24 hours, we lose water.
3. I have water in bottles for washing faces, brushing teeth and such. I have stockpiled it for months since we lost power for a week 2 years ago.
4. I also make sure that we have enough drinking water and food for at least 3 days.
5. Don't forget the animals! I make sure that we have dog food, cat food, cat litter and crickets for the icky thing. You also have to make sure that you have water for them too!
As long as you make sure to stay warm and fed, you can hunker down for a long time! For everyone in the path of the storm, be safe and stay warm!

Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!