Top 5 Housewife Luxuries

I was reading an article on another blog about what she thought some luxuries that all housewives needed. She listed things like blackout curtains for when we actually got to sleep in, a padded carpet area near the sink and stove, things like that. I got to thinking about it and I think those are ok but I had some ideas for other luxuries that are way more important.
1-Coffee. Without this, I wouldn't be able to move in the morning. I love coffee more than wine. The stronger the better.
2- A DVR. I never really thought these were important until we got one. I love that I can record my shows like Real Housewives and Grey's Anatomy and watch them in peace and quiet when everyone is gone. This is highly important. Also Netflix and Hulu. A Handmaid's Tale is highly recommended.
3-  A bottle of wine. This is highly important, especially at the end of a very long week. I treat myself to this at least 2 times a month. I don't drink it every day, just when I really need to relax. Rex Goliath cabernet sauvignon is my favorite.
4- An interest that your children and husband don't take part in. Whether it is something like crochet, sewing, reading, scrapbooking, something that is just for you. You need at least one to keep yourself sane. You can't have your entire life around these people. And cleaning doesn't count.
5- At least 1 good friend you can call to commiserate with. Without one, you may go batty. Being a housewife is a very isolating career choice. Especially when you have very little ones, you spend a lot of time in the house and it's hard to get out. Having a good friend to call and talk to and get out with once in a while is extremely important.

So there's my list. I think these are the most important things to have to survive being a housewife. I read that if we were paid for everything that we do, the paycheck would be over 100,000$ a year. So, I don't think these little things are too much to ask for, do you? What do you think are essential to your sanity as a housewife? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!