Free tax software!
Next week the IRS is starting to accept tax returns and processing them. I believe it's the 31st. So if you need to do your taxes, you can do them now and they hold it for you until they begin accepting them. I already did mine, I have to wait to do Izzie's since she's still missing a W2. I used TaxAct which is free to file your federal return and has different charges for different state taxes. For Virginia it was 14.99 which is a really good price for states. Another free software is H & R Block and I read on the website that state filing is 14.99 for a limited time. And there is Turbo Tax but I haven't used them, so I can't tell you anything about that one. I have heard they are good. I used H & R Block for a few years but last year we had a snafu with them so I tried TaxAct this year. H & R Block is very good with their follow up service and if you need any assistance after you file, I will say that. They really did help. Also, I know that in Virginia at least, you can go through the state website and depending on your income level, you may qualify for free state tax filing through different websites like H & R Block but you have to go through the state website to qualify for it. Here is the link to the VA state tax website. I hope everyone can get refunds this year!

Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!