A word on textbooks

In all of my adventures as a first time college mom, I wanted to impart some of the wisdom that I have learned since Izzie first decided to go to college. Now, I did not go to college, I got married and had babies. So this whole process is absolutely new to me. Back in the day, when my older brothers went to college, the poor things didn't get to rent their textbooks. Nope, you had to buy them. But, nowadays, you can rent them and it has become a major business. There are many, many websites out there that you can rent from. It's mind boggling. One website that I wish I had known about in the beginning, and Izzie's best friend turned me to is Bigwords.com. This is the best site to start at because it searches all of the rental websites for you and shows you the best price. But you have to pay attention to the due dates. You don't want the due date to be before the semester is over! I really like campusbookrentals.com. We have gotten a few of her books from there and they are really easy to work with. Also, chegg.com, but that one you have to watch the prices. Sometimes they can be a little more expensive than others. Also, another one that I didn't know had gotten into the textbook rental game was amazon.com. They are pretty competitive. Most of them offer free shipping back and you can find coupon codes for most of them too. Amazon usually you can't find codes for but the others I have found at least 10% off codes, which help. Some you can get free shipping when you order but usually you have to pay about 4$ or so. Which if you have the 10% off, that covers that. So, if you have a college student or getting ready to have one next year, I suggest starting at Bigwords.com and going from there. I will do a post about the tricks of financial aid soon too. That's been an experience and a half!

This is not a sponsored post. I have only given my opinion on these websites as pertains to my experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!