What I made yesterday + a recipe!

While planning the Thanksgiving dinner, me and my sister in law were talking desserts. We take our desserts seriously. Maybe not as seriously as the turkey, but close. Well, instead of 2 pies I asked if she would like pound cake because I know my kids love it. She about lost it. I didn't realize how much people love pound cake. I hadn't made one, but I have made just about every other kind of cake with success, so I made it yesterday. I made pound cake, a tea ring, (even though this stupid storm is keeping my brother in NY! Very sad about that.) and fudge! (Which I will post about in a minute.) Today is pie and cheese ball. But the pound cake. I used Paula Deen's recipe, because since it is a high butter cake, who better to get the recipe from than the Butter Queen? I love all her recipes. I found this one on Food Network and it came out beautifully!

Ingredients

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Mix in vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!