What I did yesterday...
I went with Bubby and his class to Jamestown! I have never been since I couldn't go when the girls went in 4th grade. But this is a really neat museum! It's broken up into parts that you walk through and they have different period actors. There are Indians walking around, sailors from the time and people living in the settlement. You can go through real Indian houses, see how they cooked, made leather, wove baskets.
Then you can go on the Susan Constant and see the Godspeed and the Discovery. I think you can go on the Godspeed and Discovery but we got to tour the Susan Constant. Which I didn't realize, those are real ships that they take on trips sometimes. The sailor we talked to said they have been up to NY and all different places. I just couldn't imagine living on that for 4 months. Amazing. Then in the Fort, you get to see the Governor's house, a Blacksmith building, the Church, where Pocahontas was married, and you get to see a musket demonstration. That was Bubby's favorite part. Very loud. They also have a gallery inside that has a history of Virginia from prehistoric days on through the landing of the colonists in the 1600's. If you ever get a chance, you should, especially if you're a history nut, like me. They even have totem poles!
Then you can go on the Susan Constant and see the Godspeed and the Discovery. I think you can go on the Godspeed and Discovery but we got to tour the Susan Constant. Which I didn't realize, those are real ships that they take on trips sometimes. The sailor we talked to said they have been up to NY and all different places. I just couldn't imagine living on that for 4 months. Amazing. Then in the Fort, you get to see the Governor's house, a Blacksmith building, the Church, where Pocahontas was married, and you get to see a musket demonstration. That was Bubby's favorite part. Very loud. They also have a gallery inside that has a history of Virginia from prehistoric days on through the landing of the colonists in the 1600's. If you ever get a chance, you should, especially if you're a history nut, like me. They even have totem poles!
Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!