Oh my goodness! Thank you Nestle!-UPDATE Repost!

Update: I wanted to let you know this is NOT a foolproof recipe. I learned that all chocolate chips are not created equal and that you can NOT substitute the milk chocolate kind for the semi sweet in this. You MUST use the semi sweet. I don't know why, but I used the milk chocolate and it didn't firm up. It was just chocolate blobs. It was terrible. It tasted good, but you couldn't really hold it. So, lesson learned. 


A little history here. I can not make fudge. I have tried. I had 1 successful attempt about 15 years ago back at the beginning of my marriage. Since then, no matter what I did, it would not set up. We would have thick chocolate syrup to eat and that's it. But I was trying to make fudge the old fashioned way by cooking it and getting it to the right temperature, etc. Well, my mom in law asked for fudge this year. I told her again how I can't make it and she said that was ok, it was just a thought. Well, I was determined. So, I started looking online and found this recipe on Very Best Baking and did it yesterday. The only thing I could complain about the recipe is stirring the chocolate really gives your arm a workout! But, hey, I need all I can get! And guess what? It set up and is actual honest to goodness fudge!! I was so excited! I omitted the walnuts just cause I don't like them in my fudge.

Ingredients

Directions

LINE 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with foil.

COMBINE morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over lowest possible heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla extract.

SPREAD evenly into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!