How Do You Black Friday?
I was just wondering how everyone does their Black Friday shopping. My sister in law and I have gone almost every year for about 9 years now, but even our styles are different. I follow my sites like BFAds and make my list before I get the printed ads on Thanksgiving and then compare lists to the ads. She just waits until Thanksgiving and looks through the ads. Then we get our lists together and plan our route and strategy. Last year we went out when the stores opened on Thanksgiving night, but this year I think we are going back to the old way and going on Friday morning like we used to. I may have to go to WalMart Thanksgiving night though to get the new Call of Duty during the 1 hour guarantee though. So, how do you all Black Friday? Are you a planner? Or are you the spontaneous one like my sister in law? There are some tips that I have learned over the years I wanted to share!
1. Carry very little with you. I just take my wallet in the stores with me.
2. I try to carry very little cash also. I use the card which also helps with any returns.
3. Buddy up. One of you can stand in line while the other shops, since we all know how long it takes to check out on that day. Also it makes it more fun!
4. It helps to have a plan and strategy in mind when you go in the store. Everyone knows how crazy the stores are. This isn't the kind of day to just stroll through the store. I have been known to find other deals while walking through to the things that I had planned, but it does help to have a plan.
5. Take your sense of humor. Don't be one of those crazy people. There was one year, I was walking through Wal Mart with my basket and a lady turned the corner and we bumped baskets. I smiled and said "Excuse me." She glared me down and told me to go somewhere not very nice. I think you can figure out what she said. She got even madder because I couldn't help but laugh. Saving money is important to everyone, but not to the point where you are mean.
Let me know in the comments what your plans are!
1. Carry very little with you. I just take my wallet in the stores with me.
2. I try to carry very little cash also. I use the card which also helps with any returns.
3. Buddy up. One of you can stand in line while the other shops, since we all know how long it takes to check out on that day. Also it makes it more fun!
4. It helps to have a plan and strategy in mind when you go in the store. Everyone knows how crazy the stores are. This isn't the kind of day to just stroll through the store. I have been known to find other deals while walking through to the things that I had planned, but it does help to have a plan.
5. Take your sense of humor. Don't be one of those crazy people. There was one year, I was walking through Wal Mart with my basket and a lady turned the corner and we bumped baskets. I smiled and said "Excuse me." She glared me down and told me to go somewhere not very nice. I think you can figure out what she said. She got even madder because I couldn't help but laugh. Saving money is important to everyone, but not to the point where you are mean.
Let me know in the comments what your plans are!

Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!