Blue Dawn Dishwashing Liquid



This is our Rottweiler/black lab mix, Kojack. When we first got him, he was so skinny you could see his ribs and was infested with fleas and ticks. He was 1 year old when we got him and has been the best dog we've ever had. He is my favorite child. About 3 years ago, we started having problems with him getting hot spots from what we think is an allergy to fleas. That first year, he got a hot spot that became infected and we almost lost him. Hot spots are serious business.
I have been determined that we were not going to get any hotspots since last year he was naked from about his midsection down he lost so much hair. I had read on Pinterest about a recipe for a homemade flea shampoo that fleas just jump off the animal and it's ok to use on cats or dogs. It's 1 cup blue Dawn, 1 cup vinegar or apple cider vinegar and 1 cup water. You pour this mixture over the animal and scrub it in. You let it set about 5 minutes while trying to keep the animal in the tub. Then rinse. I did this and then used just the Hartz flea drops that are about 5$ at Walmart every 3 weeks. NO HOT SPOTS!!! It's amazing! I used the Dawn mixture on the cat also. Every other year I have tried commercial shampoos and got nowhere. And you don't have to use the mixture. Just plain old blue Dawn will do the trick! For some reason, fleas hate blue Dawn. Izzie swears by it for Bentley. She was over the other night and he had gotten some fleas from when her cat escaped from the house. She bathed him in the backyard in blue Dawn and the fleas jumped off! It leaves their coats soft and shiny too. Very gentle on their skin. Go stock up on Dawn if you are an animal owner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Body Wrap

I'm so excited! The Liebster Award!