On My Journey:Mammograms and MRI's

Image result for pink ribbon 

For those of you that follow this blog, you know that in January, I had gone in for my yearly mammogram that I get to have at an early age due to my mother having breast cancer. At that appointment, they set me up to have an MRI since I have a high risk of developing breast cancer. Today I had the MRI. It's not as uncomfortable as the mammogram I have to say, but it's still no fun. There is no dignity when it comes to these things. At least I got to keep my socks on. You lie on a table face down with your boobs in holes in the table. The table then slides into a tube that makes horrendous noises. They even gave me earplugs, the noises are so bad. I had to lie still for 20 minutes, but at least there was no squishing or smooshing. They put in an IV so that they can inject contrast at one point during the picture taking, which doesn't hurt at all and I got a good technician who knew what she was doing when she put the IV in. That didn't hurt and no bruising! Bonus!
I am happy to report that my MRI came back clean and I don't go back for 6 months!  I will go back to the yearly mammogram schedule now, which is fine by me. I get very worried leading up to these things; which I guess is only natural. My husband says if I would just listen to him say that there is nothing wrong, I'd be fine. But, where's the fun in that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Birthday!!!!

DIY Body Wrap

On My Journey: Cataracts