Help For College Books!


I post this every year for the new college moms. The tips I have learned about how to find the cheapest books out there are essential. There shouldn't be anyone out there paying hundreds of dollars for books that are only going to be used for a semester!
Here is the sentence that you must keep in your mind during this time- DO NOT BUY NEW BOOKS OR FROM THE SCHOOL BOOKSTORE!! I can't reiterate this enough. If you do, you will be taking out a second and third mortgage. Maybe a fourth by senior year. The best way to get all the books you will need is to rent them. This is the best option for the textbooks you will need. Now, some majors, like Izzie's which is English, you will also have to get novels. The best option for them is usually to buy used, which this website can find for you too! But, how to decide which website to rent from? There are hundreds out there. Literally. The best one is Bigwords.com. This fantastic website that I was referred to by a friend of ours actually compares the websites for you, finding the best deal on the internet. Doodle has a summer reading assignment and didn't talk to me about ordering the book. She went and bought it at Barnes and Noble for 28$. She came home complaining about the price and I shook my head at her and asked why didn't she ask me about it. I went on Bigwords.com and found it for rent for less than 10$. And it's very easy to rent books. The way  most of the rental websites work is you choose what books you want, checkout, and then you have a rental period usually of 120-130 days. When they ship the books to you, most websites will send you prepaid envelopes to ship them back with and others give you the prepaid shipping labels and you supply the boxes. Or you just use the box they shipped it in to begin with. They will also email you before your rental time is up to remind you to ship. And if you fall in love with the book, you usually have the option to buy them. I think this is a great help to parents, because let's face it, college is expensive! Any way we can save, we should!

Comments

  1. Good day I am so glad I found your blog page, I really found
    you by mistake, while I was searching on Google for something else, Anyhow I am here now
    and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round interesting blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it
    all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read
    more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Birthday!!!!

DIY Body Wrap

On My Journey: Cataracts