It's That Time Again!

Who doesn't love Christmas cookies? I'm going to be making a batch of these today for my book club's Christmas party this week. Of course, I'll be making extra to be eaten by us too!
This is hands down the best Christmas cookie recipe I have ever used. It tastes wonderful and it holds shapes well. I use just regular buttercream frosting to decorate.  I also have no idea where I got this recipe. If you know where it came from, let me know in the comments so I can give credit. Last year, I made a bunch for the neighbors and our mail lady. A few days later, she asked me for the recipe! She said she'd never had better cookies! I think the almond extract makes a big difference.

1 c soft butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 t baking powder
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 t each vanilla and almond extracts
3 c flour
1/2 t salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg. Add cream cheese and beat thoroughly. Add flavors. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. You can freeze it at this point and it keeps for up to 6 months. If not freezing, then refrigerate 1 hour. Then you either roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes or roll into balls and roll in sugar. Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets.

Comments

  1. Those look great! I love that you can make them any shape! Endless Possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've even swirled two different colors together and sliced them. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Birthday!!!!

DIY Body Wrap

On My Journey: Cataracts