Scalloped Potatoes!

Here's another from scratch recipe that was just for Hunny! He loves scalloped potatoes but I have never tried to make them from scratch because I thought it was too complicated. Imagine my surprise when I went looking at recipes and found out that it was simple! Of course, I took a little bit from a bunch of recipes and made it my own, so here it is!

4-5 good sized potatoes sliced about 1/4 inch thick. I used red potatoes so I didn't have to peel them but feel free to use whatever kind you have on hand.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk
2 cups sharp cheddar (I think you can use whatever kind of cheese you like, but we love cheddar)

Preheat oven to 400. Grease 13x9 inch pan. In medium saucepan, melt butter. When butter is all melted, whisk in flour, salt and pepper Let cook a few minutes until nice and bubbly. Slowly add chicken broth, whisking after each addition. Slowly add milk, again whisking after each addition. Let cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. In your prepared pan, layer half the potatoes, half the sauce, half the cheese, other half of potatoes, other half of sauce, other half of cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven 30 minutes. Remove foil cover and cook 30 minutes more or until potatoes are cooked through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Birthday!!!!

DIY Body Wrap

On My Journey: Cataracts