Laundry!

 

I was thinking the other day that there are things around the house that need laundering, but exactly how often? Take for instance sheets. How often do you launder them? I try to get them weekly, which is the standard guideline. But, I've heard of people going longer than that. I decided to look up the guidelines for laundering schedules of different things around the house and here's what I found--

Aprons- After 2-3 wears 
Bath mats - Every two weeks (I actually wash this every week.)
Bath towels - After 3 uses, maximum, but many people say more frequently (I actually wash after one use. I can't let them just dry and re-use. Just a personal thing)
Bed sheets - Weekly 
Blankets - Every month 
Comforters and bedspreads - If used as a blanket for sleeping, monthly. If taken off the bed each evening before sleep than every 3 months. 
Crib bedding - 2 times a week, including the mattress pad. Bumper pads should be washed monthly. 
Curtains - Every six months (either wash, or dry clean)
Dust ruffles - Every three months 
Kitchen towels - After one day's use 
Mattress pad - Monthly 
Pillows - Every three months (Replace every 6 months-1 year)
Sleeping bag - After every outdoor use, when you come home 

Do you agree with these guidelines? What do you think?

Comments

  1. Hi there! I simply wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have got here on this post.
    I'll be returning to your blog for more soon.

    my weblog - lasertest

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Birthday!!!!

DIY Body Wrap

On My Journey: Cataracts